Middleware solutions from SAP
Data exchange between internal and external systems is an important part of any digitisation strategy. So-called middleware products are used for this purpose. These systems stand as "intermediaries" in the middle of communication and ensure the flow of messages in the system landscape. Through the use of middleware cross-system business processes become possible. These business processes can take place both within the company and between companies (B2B).
SAP offers various middleware solutions for data exchange, both as on-premise and cloud solutions:
- SAP PI (Process Integration) and SAP PO (Process Orchestration).
- SAP Cloud Integrations
SAP PI (Prozessintegration) und SAP PO (Prozessorchestrierung)
The further development of the SAP Exchange Infrastructure (SAP XI) is the SAP PI solution. With SAP PI, Advanced Adapter Engine (AAE) was introduced. This optimised communication and achieved a significant increase in performance.
SAP Process Orchestration was released in 2011. The SAP PO consists of the Advanced Adapter Engine Extended (AEX), NetWeaver Business Process Management (NW BPM) and NetWeaver Business Rule Management (NW BRM).
NW BPM enables the modelling of processes with BPMN and NW BRM the modelling of business rules.
Basically, the systems consist of the components connectivity, mapping and routing.
The connectivity enables the integration of different applications through a variety of adapters. Thus, messages can be transferred between the systems e.g. via AS2, SFTP, REST, JDBS.
Through a mapping specific incoming data structures can be converted into outgoing data structures.
Routing enables the routing of messages based on specific rules.
SAP Cloud Integration (SCI)
SAP Cloud Integration (SCI) is SAP's cloud-based middleware solution. SAP Cloud Integration helps you connect cloud and on-premise applications with other SAP and non-SAP cloud and on-premise applications. SCI can process messages in real time, spanning different companies, organisational units or departments within a company.
SAP Integration Suite combines the integration functions Process Integration, API Management, Integration Advisor and Open Connectors into a holistic and simplified enterprise integration toolkit. In order to provide a comprehensive middleware, these services are not available separately, but only as part of the Integration Suite service plan.
SCI runs in the Neo and Cloud Foundry (CF) environments. Integration scenarios designed in the Neo environment are also compatible in the CF environment with certain restrictions.
- Integrate processes and data in application-to-application (A2A) and business-to-business (B2B) scenarios.
- Integrate different applications and data sources from SAP and non-SAP, on-premise as well as from the cloud. SAP Cloud Integration comes with a set of pre-built adapters to connect a wide variety of endpoints.
- Benefit from pre-built integration content to quickly transition integration projects into productive scenarios. You can extend and customise the predefined integration flows according to your own requirements.
- Use the Adapter SDK to create your own custom adapters for additional connectivity needs.
- Access public APIs
- Use our core integration and security features for secure and reliable message processing. Configure message exchanges within an integration scenario so that the data involved is protected according to the latest security standards.
- Orchestrate business processes and integrate data in both synchronous and asynchronous scenarios.
- Use SAP Cloud Integration and SAP's on-premise integration platform, SAP Process Orchestration, fully integrated.
SAP Cloud Integration is available in your trial account in the Cloud Foundry environment.
We are happy to support you in the conception, consulting and development of the following SAP® technologies:
- SAP Process Integration with SAP PI or SAP PO
- SAP Cloud Integration (CPI)
CONTACT US NOW!
We will be happy to help you personally.